Is it possible to get rid of the popup window?

If you need help, this is the place to ask for it. No need to register.
pluviosilla

Is it possible to get rid of the popup window?

Postby pluviosilla » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:56 pm

This is a very nice tool. It is saving my life. Thankyou very much!

There are a couple of features that bother me, however. I am using the free version but would be happy to pay something for a licensed version if the licensed version would allow me to remove these features:

(1) Most of all, the popup window is a problem. It sometimes obscures the view of the list of strings that I paste. (See attachment for a screenshot of the problem)
(2) The clipboard hogs the focus. Clicking on another window does not suffice to shift the focus to a different window, so I must explicitly minimize the clipboard to have access to other windows.

I am unable to find an option for configuring (removing) these features. Am I missing something? If not, can these things be configured in the version of Spartan that cost money?
Attachments
Screen Shot Spartan.gif
Screen Shot Spartan.gif (203.3 KiB) Viewed 493 times

johnturnbull
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to get rid of the popup window?

Postby johnturnbull » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:11 pm

1. There are five options for the preview window including "Off". Change it in Options (This View) on the Tools menu.

2. The clipboard doesn't hog the focus but the free version ships as an "On top" window by default. That can also be changed in Options(This View...........

ViewOptions.jpg
ViewOptions.jpg (70.91 KiB) Viewed 491 times

pluviosilla

Postby pluviosilla » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Thank you very much for the informative reply! Off is the option I was looking for.

The clarification about the terminology ("preview window") and the menu path to configuring it (Tools => This View => Clip Preview Window) were the areas where I needed a little help.

Thanks again!

johnturnbull
Site Admin

Postby johnturnbull » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:51 am

Watching the first minute or so of the Getting Started video would have done the trick!

Return to “Help”